1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice on ex-girlfriend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, May 16, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was referring to the "not who I usually am" poster who started the famous divorce thread

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If you really care about her, let her enjoy her life without your interference. If she wants you as part of it, be it as a friend or otherwise, that's her decision.

I strongly suggest you seek counseling to help you deal with your self-destructive behavior.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hacksaw, maybe post a picture of Amelia to help us sort this one out.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Probably the worst part of it is not really knowing what the current situation is and what the future might hold.

Does she really have a boyfriend? Or, is she just using that as a shield to keep from getting hurt again?

If she does give you a second chance, are you willing to humble yourself to the point that she forgives you?

And, if she does, just how long will you be willing to play the whipped pup?

Who's to say that, now that you can't have her, the idea of having her back is really what's more appealing then she actually ever was?

A decisive move would be much better: Send her a ring box with dog poop in it. That way, you can move on and never look back.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do you think he lost her in the first place, Oggie?

6. Buddy, she's just not that into you.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

After reading his posts, I can't imagine why she wouldn't want him back. He sounds truly dapper.

8. ripple

ripple Member

The elephant in the room, Gene.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hack, let me cut the b.s. and put things in perspective. Take it from someone who has been rejected more times than a hooker of Hunt's Point.
    If you truly feel you made a mistake, talk to her face to face, lay it all out. If she accepts, then it's great.
    If she doesn't accept, it's still great because then you know that you gave it a shot and it didn't work and it's time to move on.
    Stop torturing yourself and good luck.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or, you could have some sense and leave her the heck alone. She said she is in love with somebody else.

11. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

I have no intention of contacting her. I've said this once and I will say it again. This isn't the first time she has dated other people when we've broken up. Our relationship was never typical of the relationship most people have though. I was always the one who had to reach out and she seemed relieved when I did. So that's why I am fearful about sitting on the bench too long but at the same time I know no time in the near future is the right time. It's a fine line to walk and tough to figure it out. But right now, I'm just chillin.' Like I said, it's a concern but not something at the top of my list at the moment cause I know there is no point in worrying about it.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Glad you are leaving her be, but there is a difference between her dating someone else and being in love with someone else....unless she has a history of being full of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted