1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice on ex-girlfriend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, May 16, 2010.

1. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Yeah 10-4 Moddy. I actually left a race early. Can you believe it? Also I don't park in the track. I park behind the Family Dollar on Laburnum on Crawford St. Then I go down E. Ladies Mile Rd. through the ghetto and jump onto Chamberlayne to get back across the river to my apartment. So it's almost as good as an infield parking spot. You can get out of that place quick as long as you aren't parked at the track.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That race sucked so bad I would have left early, too. Well, I did in a way. I turned it off.
    My kid was there, got home about 2:30 a.m. and said it blew.

None of which solves your problem so let me add this: MTFO. Shit happens, live and learn, you'll know and do better next time. And there will be a next time.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Dear Hacksaw-

Move on. There's someone out there for everyone. Someone who will love you for who you are, for what you are, has no backstory and doesn't care about the whole changed man bit. One that you won't be lying in bed at night thinking, "wow-I gave up my life, my friends and beer for this shit?!? WTF was I thinking?" Life's too short to be Lester Burnham in American Beauty.

Net-net, God ain't gonna stop making pussy anytime soon, son.

As you were...

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I feared you were going to actually not make a westcoastvolian response for a bit there. Then my fears were calmed. :D

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I had to google this. Solid advice. She told you she was with someone, that she was in love with him, that she only wants to correspond by email...she's moved on. Let her go. If she changes her mind, she knows where to find you.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not trying to pile one. But I'd do what everyone has suggested so far, let it go and start casting your rod in another part of the lake.

But one thought. There is a VERY fine line between really good persistence and stalking. But when you sent flowers in January, and she talked to you for two hours, even if she told you she had moved on, the fact that she e-mailed you saying it was sweet and then talked to you was enough of an opening for you to stay in touch: not just go away until March, the way you said you did. In fact, to a woman, in hindsight the flowers might have seemed insincere -- almost like "booty call flowers." She gets them out of nowhere. You don't get an immediate reward. So you go away again. If she really was your "soulmate" you should have put a little effort into wooing the girl. Not stalking her or harassing her or disregarding what she wants. But little gestures. More e-mails. A phone call here and there just to say hi, tell her you were thinking about her, you hope she was OK, etc.

At this point, DON'T do that. If she says she's with another guy, respect it and move on. But just for the future, wooing a woman isn't about isolated gestures designed to get you specific results. It's about showing her how you feel every day, in subtle and not so subtle ways.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with booty call flowers.

Although Boom gets a little embarrassed when they keep showing up at his office.

8. The Big Ragu

That is because you refuse to listen to me when I tell you that carnations are cheesy as all hell.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So hacksaw, are you who you usually are? That's not always the case on these kind of threads.

10. The Big Ragu

Are you who you usually are, Dooley?

11. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

That is a good point Ragu. I had never thought of handling it that way. It was not my intent to seem insincere after sending the flowers. My intent was to show her that I respect her space and privacy. But I can see how it might have appeared the other way too. Anyway, I'm off for a few days after tonight so I'll be checking out of town for some R&R.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just thought daisies were too girlie.

Carnations, you can always snap them off and wear them in your lapel. Do you even HAVE a lapel??

Draft saved Draft deleted