1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice on ex-girlfriend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, May 16, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So you're saying she's available?

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hacksaw -- please don't get your hopes up. The second she told you she was in love with someone else, your pursuit needed to end. I know you say that you're just contemplating reaching out to her in a year or two, but I don't think that's your intention. Please, let her be.

3. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Let me clarify one point on this subject. From July of last year to January this year, we only talked like 1 time and since then we have talked 1 or two more times. So I didn't want you guys to get the idea that I am hounding her every day or something. I would never do that. Our last spat came in March and I haven't talked to her since except by e-mail once.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, now.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The good news: that's funny.
    The bad news: the women of sj now have you on blast.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

You know what they can do if they can't take a joke? :D

Besides, that wasn't intended to put down women as much as it was intended to pump up beer. ;D

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If he could do that, he wouldn't have needed a girlfriend.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They didn't before now?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah. Now it's me and him.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If you do have a drinking problem that's what you should be more worried about. I hope you're getting some help for that first. Worry about relationships later.

11. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

No I definitely don't have a drinking problem that has required therapy or anything. I don't drink at all anymore except on rare occasions at a special event or something. It was never a day-to-day issue. It was mainly she didn't want me to display that kind of behavior or choices if we were going to try to make a permanent relationship work. I know I have changed cause I went to the Richmond race a few weeks ago and didn't even drink but a beer or two and was back home at 11:30 pm. The old hacksaw would have been barking at the moon at 4 in the morning.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You left early? Because - not cause, because - there's no way to stay until the end, deal with that traffic and be home by 11:30 unless you live in the infield.

Draft saved Draft deleted