1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice: How do you deal with wife's affair, divorce?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by not_who_i_usually_am, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I believe I made a similar comment about 58 pages and eight months ago.

Look, dude, you've probably spent more than $200 in hand lotion since last August. Next thing I'd like to hear from you is that you went out and got laid.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

It's not that you "overlooked the evil" in your ex-wife. There's a great quote from the Gulag Archipelago that I love: "If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Your ex-wife isn't "evil," whatever that means. She's a woman who has significant flaws, and you saw those flaws in the best possible light. That's understandable ... you were in love with her! So don't beat yourself up over it. Just learn from the experience and move on.

Instead of feeling mad or sad, you should be happy that you've learned the truth about your ex, so you didn't waste the rest of your life with that awful woman. You're young and have no kids. You have the rest of your life ahead of you, and trust me, in a year or two you'll be with someone new and you won't think about your ex any more. To me, my prior marriage seems like a distant memory now, and it was just 2 1/2 year ago that I was divorced.

So things are going to turn out fine. If anything, the experience you had now will help you choose someone way better than your ex. Instead of a fairly naive young guy, you're someone with a lot of experience who knows what to look for and what you really want in a woman. And you'll find it, sooner than you think.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

He's going through the process. Everyone does at some point. Hell, he's going to have days when someone may say something and it may trigger a memory of her. The point is for Not to go on with his life because she damn sure is going on with hers.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The point is Not to go on with his life? Thanks Dr. Kevorkian, but I think that's a bit rash.

He'll get over her.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Next we learn that not will be running the Chicago Marathon with his ex.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D

Drip is just not helping.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So, just curious, have you gone through the process of grieving the loss of the love of your non-existent hot neighbors who wanted you badly?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Just curious, are you always an asshole? You don't half of what your are talking about for if you did, you wouldn't ask such a stupid-assed question.
    As I've said before and so have others, this thread is about helping someone with a real problem. The bullshit that you are spewing could be sent in a PM.
    There is a time to be a dick. This isn't one of those times or threads.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Say it's Not so...

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not, how have you been doing?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You have to excuse him for not being around -- after she refused to return his call even though he ran the marathon with her, he got mad and decided to take some of the best advice he could from this thread and so he shit in a box and gave it to her but unfortunately she called the cops and he was arrested for spreading toxic waste in an area that was not zoned for such activities...... ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.