1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a Photoshop expert...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This maybe should have gone on the design board, but...

I'm finishing up our church's phone directory. I'm doing layout in Word (for now, I might try InDesign afterwards just to play around with it a bit.) We'll be printing it on a color laser printer (don't know what kind, one of the church members who owns a computer firm is donating use of a printer for this.)

Here's my question. I took all the pics, they're jpgs. Do I need to do any sort of color tweaking or like that to make them print better? Or since this is such a small job, should I be fine?

Any other ideas are also welcome. Thanks!

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Do a test print. A lot of printers tend to print dark. If that happens with you, you may wish to up the levels (NEVER UP THE BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST!). Also, the higher the resolution on the photos, the better. 72 dpi is fine for the Internet, but for print you want at least 200.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ack! Forgot all about changing the dpi, grrr!

Thank goodness we have a small church.

Draft saved Draft deleted