1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a new vacuum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Apr 25, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Fine. Aggravated whining it is.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

The only time a Dyson fell short on carpet:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Awesome. :)

And yeah, there are some good stores that have Senior Discount Days. I made sure to take my dad to Michael's in honor of his 55th birthday so I could buy a ton of stuff for cheap.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Wow. Incredibly well played.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Fishy gets an A+ for that one.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My 20-year-old Singer still works like a champ. The only problem is they don't make belts for them anymore and I have to do some creative fitting to make a Hoover one fit.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Owning a cleaning business as a second job, I vacuum all the time. There is no difference between a $60 dollar model and a $300 model. If you want to spend five bills on a Dyson, be my guest. But if you are going to go that route, try to find a janitor supply store and buy a vac with a HEPA filter and enclosed bag (that's supposed to help with allergies) and it still a bit cheaper than the dyson.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We bought one a while back, and it was a solid investment. It sucks fibers out of the carpet.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I agree. I always joke with my wife saying we're sucking up the neighbor's dirt below, too, right through their ceiling and our floor.

The thing flat out sucks.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

We have an upright Eureka that we love -- it was a Consumer Reports best buy. Cost something like $160 and it's great; our friends borrowed it when their vacuum crapped out and liked it so much they bought their own.

Draft saved Draft deleted