1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a new vacuum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Apr 25, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've been surprised at the (relatively) poor performance of the Dyson vacs in Consumer Reports' testing.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

My sister has the purple Dyson and loves it. I can't imagine spending $500 on a vacuum cleaner, but at the time they had a dog.
    Another suggestion is to use the 20% off coupons that Bed Bath & Beyond seem to send out every other week.

I don't have alot of carpeting in the house, so I've been using a Hoover cheapy model for nearly 15 years.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

We have the "purple Dyson." The DC17 - Animal. And, it's an animal.
    But, we got it because she had a hair up her ass to get one.
    This guys daily blog finds great deal on vacuums and kitchen crap. Worth looking. He finds ways to get around shipping and tax for you.

http://kitchendailydeal.blogspot.com/

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No way would I spend triple figures on a vacuum. Then again, I have hardwood, so it's a moot point.

5. fishwrapper

Sad thing is, we have hardwood and travertine through most of the house, and we still bought one.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's great Dools. TMI.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My Dyson ANimal is going on 4 years old and it's the best $500 I've ever spent.

It's amazing what it picks up.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your sense of humor apparently being age appropriate for the age your were in 1985.

9. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

We have two: An Oreck, which does a pretty good job, and a Filter Queen. I'm not that big of a fan of the Filter Queen because you have to special order everything for it. But it was a gift, so I can't complain.

10. fishwrapper

Not to pick, couldn't the first sentence be construed as complaining? Perhaps, aggravated whining?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dyson... I wont buy anything else.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

They have senior citizen discount days?? I'd heard of cheaper coffee and breakfasts, but I just don't know how to feel about this ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted