1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a Father's Day gift? Here's one...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jun 12, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: A surprising find in my liquor cabinet on Father's Day...

It's pissin me off... Am a Tennessee Squire, have heard all about the JD Honey, and you still can't get it around here...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Re: A surprising find in my liquor cabinet on Father's Day...

Yeah, obviously didn't mean it's Father's Day today, just that it's a gift FOR Father's Day. I'll fix the hed...but 3Bags is way wrong...it's not too sweet at all!

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm a Squire, too, and will be looking for this tomorrow. My dad loves JD, and also really enjoys an after dinner port or brandy. I'll be better than another bottle of old vines zinfandel.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Usual pre-bedtime drink is rocks glass packed with ice and Jack over... Did see this at a private liqour store in another part of the state; wasn't about to pay that price over the state store...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am trying it now... am inclined to agree with TBF... Not shit, but it's not Jack.
    Honey is too strong, and it tastes more like something else but I can't put my finger on it...

Looked at the review... I can taste the cinnamon; not sure about the chocolate.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I practically drove past the JD distillery on the way back from 'Roo and now I'm gutted I didn't stop.

7. TigerVols

The day I was thrown out of high school (two weeks before graduation!) my parents thought it would be great to lessen the tension by going for a drive, and taking a historical tour.

The place they chose? Yep, Mr. Motlow's distillery.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What you really want is Pappy Van Winkle 23

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Took my Dad to lunch today, gave him a bottle of JD Tennessee Honey. I had to go to work, but tried a thimble full. Tasted all right, definitely Jack but a bit sweeter. OK for after-dinner sipping.
    He liked it and that's all that matter to me.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Sadly, they do not have a factory store.

12. TigerVols

Back in the early/mid 90s, Jack Daniels produced a line of beer; it was a boutique brew (I think it was contracted to a brewer in Cincinnati) and they would deliver it fresh every night to the clubs around downtown Nashville in a 1920s delivery van.

It tasted very good, IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted