1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a Colorado bar in California

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 100-year-drought, Aug 28, 2008.

1. 100-year-drought

100-year-drought New Member

So I am a Colorado State graduate who recently moved to Sacramento and I am trying to figure out a way to watch the CSU-CU football game on Sunday. I have never missed a Rocky Mountain Showdown and I was wondering if there are any other CSU or CU fans out here that know of a place to go and watch the game.
    Anybody know of anything?

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This makes me laugh. I'm reminded of the the guy who calls the newspaper to ask, "Why ain't the game on the teevee?"

3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Hey, 100 year,

Check with the school to find out who runs your local Colorado State alumni chapter -- most major cities have alumni chapters of D-I schools from all over the country.

I graduated from Colorado in 1991, and a few key football games over the years have coincided with some of my travels. I contacted CU (maybe it was CU's alumni office -- it's been a few years) and got a couple numbers of alumni in the city to which I was traveling. Called those alumni up, and sure enough, they not only knew where the games would be on, but they had viewing parties planned at those local watering holes. It worked out great.

So try giving that a go. Hope it works out.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The game is on FSN. If you have a dish and get the sports package, you can find it there. Channel 683 on DirecTV.

5. Why torture yourself?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why would you leave Fort Collins for California?

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Blue Font?

I've been there for a few weekends visiting, but I'd rather be on the other side of Denver IMO..

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I like Fort Collins, too, but I prefer Centennial myself.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Negative. I love Fort Collins.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Can them thar gawl-durn satellites beam stuff all the way to Sactucky?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Easier than you think ...

EDIT: Someone I know pretty well lives there, and I can tell you he's clearly not seeing what the fuss is all about.

12. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Any town with like 14 people per Olive Garden is my kind of town.

/blue font.

Draft saved Draft deleted