1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need 3 NFL related articles per week - $30 per article

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by fireleague, Aug 9, 2010.

1. fireleague

fireleague New Member

I am a co-owner of http://www.FireLeague.com We are a fantasy gaming site that provides a venue for players to compete against one another for cash prizes.

We would like to enhance the content on our site by providing our customers weekly reports on the following fantasy football related topics.

1. Injury report:
    A brief rundown of significant injuries throughout the league for each NFL team.

2. Player value report:
    A report on the rising/falling player values at each position.

3. Game match up report:
    A brief summary of the match up for every game of the week.

We would like to start running the articles the first week of Sept through the last game of the regular season. That would be 18 weeks at $90 per week ($30 per article) for a total of $1620.

Please contact me at cfinch@fireleague.com for more information. Feel free to send along writing samples. We need to move quickly on this so a prompt response is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Finch
    FireLeague CEO

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

That seems like an awful lot of work for little money.

3. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

I've emailed in expressing interest, we'll see how this goes.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

E-mailed and got a response back about 6 hours later. They are going through submissions as we speak.

5. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

I got a 2-3 day timetable for a response.

6. fireleague

fireleague New Member

Thanks everyone for your submissions. We received quite a few. More than enough actually so we're going to close this job posting for any new submissions at this time. We'll finish going through your submissions today and get back to everyone with a response this evening. We'll do our best to give everyone useful feedback.

Thanks again. There is some very special talent on this site.

Chris

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"Very special talent" that works on the cheap. Good to know ...

8. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Darn. Whiffed.

9. PackerBacker

PackerBacker New Member

I got hosed!! Whoever got this must have some pretty good experience... I thought I was a shoe-in.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There are a lot of good writers looking for work out there.

11. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Told me they'd narrowed it down to 3 candidates.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Whoever gets it, good luck collecting your pittance.

Maybe you'll see your money before NEXT football season, if the site is even still around by then.

Draft saved Draft deleted