1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska football beat writer - Lincoln Journal Star

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Todd Henrichs, Jul 6, 2007.

1. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

This thread has become too quiet for such a good gig. Does anyone know what's going on with this job?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In the process of determining finalists.

3. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I don't envy you.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why? I could think of several hundred reasons, but what's yours?

5. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Just the fact that a billion people have likely applied, and a good percentage of them are probably fantastic.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Luckily, I'm not the one going through the resumes. :D

7. FCE

FCE Member

Lincoln's always been a solid city when I have visited -- we'd make the trip from Omaha on off days when attending the CWS. My favorite story:

We were at the SaltDogs game and saw Runzas on the menuboard at the concession stand. People were walking away with them, but my friend and I couldn't figure out what they were.

So I turned to the guy next to us and said, "What's a Runza?"

His response: "You don't know what a Runza is? It's like ... it's like a Runza."

Uhh, yeah. Thanks for the help, buddy. So we each ordered one and loved them.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I went to a Salt Dogs game when I was in town, too. It's a good evening out.

9. kaisersoze

kaisersoze New Member

I'm hearing of some strong interest in a certain North Carolina reporter ... Seems to be the clubhouse favorite outside the Bohunk cuisine, so to speak ...

10. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Ah, I thought you were, in fact, the one going through the resumes. Well played, sir.

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Have the finalists been pared down and are interviews going to be taking place sometime this coming week? Any updates?

12. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I guess I'll repeat what I posted nearly a week ago. Have the finalists been pared down and are interviews taking place? Any updates?

Draft saved Draft deleted