1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska football beat writer - Lincoln Journal Star

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Todd Henrichs, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Your chances will go in the crapper when they get my stuff.

2. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

You're hired!

3. Just kidding ... but this is definitely a good gig. If I keep hearing all this good stuff about it, I might be so inclined to inquire. Not sure I wanna give up the deep south for the cold midwest.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm sure the lincoln journal star is crying at that news

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm glad there's so much love on here!

I'll bet this job is a great one. Big boy job to say the least. Good luck to all who applies for it.

6. WestCoastBias

WestCoastBias New Member

If you're a young journalist, go after this opening with gusto. This is a great job. Not only for the beat itself, but also the people around you that will help develop you.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Football, hunting and lots of corn.

What more could a guy want?

It does sound like a great gig. Adding a beat writer in this day and time? Sweet.

8. beardown

beardown Member

This is a great paper for its size. There's great people on the staff. The paper covers the Huskers like a pro team and does a better job of it than many papers that do have pro sports. Yes, it's Nebraska, but this is a perfect spot for a good young reporter.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

That's something we should all be celebrating!

10. Matt Humphrey

Matt Humphrey New Member

If you're looking for a job and not applying for this one, you probably don't have a pulse.

Good luck to the person who gets it.

Lincoln is a great place to live and work, and you'll be surrounded by some of the best people in the business.

11. I think the prevailing thought of people who seem down on this opening, and granted it's people who aren't from the area, - "It's Nebraska."

12. I know someone who hears Nebraska's fight song -- "There is no place like Nebraska" -- and he always adds, "thank God."
    However, I love that area and could see this being a really good job for someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted