1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska football beat writer - Lincoln Journal Star

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Todd Henrichs, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Todd Henrichs

Todd Henrichs New Member

Thanks to some restructuring, we're able to devote another individual to covering the Huskers full-time. Here's the ad:

The Lincoln Journal Star, a 78,000-circulation daily, is looking for an energetic, versatile writer to join its team of reporters covering the Huskers on and off the football field. We’re looking for someone who can provide solid, yet innovative, beat reporting for a news-hungry fan base. And because HuskerExtra.com is a huge part of what we do, all staffers are expected to contribute audio and video reports and add insight on the staff blog. Previous experience in these areas is a plus.

Send your resume and clips to: Todd Henrichs, Sports Editor, Lincoln Journal Star, 926 P St., Lincoln, NE, 68508. You can check out the newspaper online at www.journalstar.com, and to learn more about our company and benefits and apply online, go to http://journalstar.com/services/employment/.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

not so much as a nibble here? what's up with that?

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Maybe everybody's too busy putting together a package. Haven't seen too many gigs better than this one for quite some time.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Great paper. Absolutely great paper.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I know a bit about this job. PM me for details. Trust the Doc Pipeline on this one, folks. The Journal Star is a fine paper and would offer a damned-fine opportunity to cover a great beat.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Would you actually have to live in Nebraska?

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

No, you get to live in Nebraska. :)

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Definitely, there are some good people there. And Lincoln's a great town.

From what I hear, they're creating a third Nebraska football position to supplement the coverage they already have (which was already great).

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Any shot of a relative "rookie" hopping in on something like this? i.e. How many years of experience are they looking for?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You never know if you'll get a job if you don't apply.

12. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

This is true. It's just that a lot of these listings mention "the ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and three years of experience at a major metro..." or something of the kind. Because this doesn't, I'm wondering if it's a hint or an oversight.

Draft saved Draft deleted