1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska AD out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But if the people in Lincoln get their wish, they might get the man they wanted instead of Callahan -- Bo Pelini, who's now the defensive coordinator at LSU. If they want the Blackshirts defense back, he would be the man they want.

2. Admit it, Oz.
    You're gloating like hell right now.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha...I knew you were the man for that job.

It takes years of mismanagement to be hurting despite the advantages Pitt has had in recent years. You can argue that moving the football games off campus has hurt to some extent, but the football program still has the advantage of top-notch practice and game day facilities. And how can you not draw at least some new boosters with a men's basketball program that is not only consistently in the top 25, but also has a top-notch new arena?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Funny, Kevin and Mike'l on ESPN 1620 called it the best press conference they ever heard, because Perlman was playing spin doctor so well with the lapdog Nebraska press.

Trooper, you should have listen to it live yesterday like I did for the whole duration. It was amusing and fun to listen.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not really. KU would actually have to win the Big 12 North and take advantage of this situation for me to do that.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Basketball or football? 8)

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I never knew Matador could hate anyone as much or more than Wlat.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was referring to him saying, "I would hope if they're not happy with me, they would fire me. I'd go over to the law school and teach again or something." Or something along those lines anyway.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I did.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Bring Steve-o back to Pitt for one reason - make sure he commands the rebuilding of old Pitt Stadium through corporate sponsorship. It absolutely sucks to see fans disguised as empty seats during Pitt games at Heinz Field.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cougs, where would they put a new on-campus stadium? Is land available for it?

And I think Heinz would be filled if the team were winning. While I have heard some say an on-campus facility would give the program more awareness among the students, it ain't like Heinz is far from campus.

Heck, UConn is doing OK for itself with its stadium 30, 45 minutes away from Storrs.

Draft saved Draft deleted