1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska AD out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

With all the talent they supposedly have stockpiled in Lincoln, you'd think there'd be a few interested parties.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One of his players. Like Turner Gill, who has given Buffalo signs of life.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, but like Michigan had with Bo, you'd have someone always looking over your shoulder. Maybe Osborne is too old to come back, but still.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

You have to run the ball to be successful in the Big 12. You certainly don't see Texas Tech gobbling up conference titles hand-over-fist.

5. TrooperBari

Perlman's press conference is on now ... apparently this move has been in the works since the summer. Says people in the department had problems with Pederson's "management style."

He made the decision last Thursday, but didn't want to make the move at that point in the week.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He didn't want to make a move because it was homecoming. This press conference is bad. He's coming across very defensive.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You mean just how Pederson was standoffish when he fired Solich in the first place?

8. Callahan would have to win his next 30 consecutive games to match Solich's record at Nebraska. But good thing they avoided that "slide toward mediocrity."

9. TrooperBari

"Steve was not the person to move this program forward into the future."

That's about the most damning thing he's said about Pederson, and we're 20 minutes into the presser.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Pederson is getting 2.2 mil out of this. The department is in debt; we know that. He said he's not been approached by anyone about this decision, but where the hell is this money coming from. I have a few ideas about where the money will come from.

Perlman just said he's the last to know about things. He's as much of an idiot as Pederson.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Wouldn't count on Paul Johnson. The guy just insinuated that all people who are Navy fans are McDonald's employees. Can't see that type of attitude going over real well in Lincoln.
    Could see Houston Nutt approaching Nebraska, and there being a reciprocated attraction. Guy's built his success with the run. Might still make Nebraska boosters foam at the mouth.
    Overall, I'd probably still put money on Turner Gill. Golden Boy brought home pays a lot of bills.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

If they go after Houston Nutt after the recent debacle in Arkansas, I'm going to fucking scream. And I'm not a Nebraska fangirl. I'm a Mizzou fangirl.

Draft saved Draft deleted