1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska AD out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Spread option, maybe. Might as well, since the WCO already seems passe.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Bo Pellini?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Hell, Callahan was choice number five or six, if i remember correctly. That should've humbled the entire state right there.

But no, Nebraska -- like many fan bases -- has this sick sense of entitlement like everyone should bow down and kiss the ring.

Fuck that.

4. What's the Navy coach's name? He'd be a good fit.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Paging BitterYoungMatador.

For now, I'll take his place as a Pitt fan and just laugh.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Paul Johnson. And yes, he would be. I don't blame Nebraska for firing Pederson, Huskers fans ought to expect more. When fans talked about hoping to play USC close as opposed to actually winning that game at home, sorry, but that's a program that's lost its way.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Similar to my alma mater in men's basketball, the sense of entitlement with Nebraska football is nauseating. Time to face today and the reality that the program doesn't make everyone else quake with fear anymore.

One could see this coming the moment Pederson fired a coach who had just completed a 9-3 season, then watched Bill Callahan take three steps back and not as many forward. The move to dump Solich was probably also damaging in that I can't see Tom Osbourne clapping in support, politically hurting Nebraska football and the athletic department as a whole.

8. TrooperBari

Even worse was Callahan coaching that way. Both times against USC, at Oklahoma, Mizzou, Okie State ... running the ball to shorten the game and keep things close, even when Nebraska was down 30-plus points.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Maybe they should call Houston Nutt again. I'm betting he'd get on the plane this time. I'm guessing that phone doesn't ring, though.

10. TrooperBari

The Fox Station in Omaha is saying it has a source confirming Osborne will be the interim AD. There'll be a press conference with Perlman at the top of the hour.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

ABC affiliate in Lincoln saying it has contacted Osborne and he says he won't comment on whether he's been approached to be the next AD or an interim AD or not.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If Osborne is going to be the next AD, who's going to want to coach there?

Draft saved Draft deleted