1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Near-fight between reporter, radio guy at Pistons-Magic game?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by deskslave, May 11, 2008.

1. Death

Death Member

Awesome. Keith gets an early birthday present.

Oh, and to hell with the Pistons.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Criticizing Rasheed Wallace = racism.

::) ::) ::)

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm not saying that, Starman. Personally, I think his on-court antics and temper hurt his team far too often. And he doesn't always play his hardest. But I've seen several players — black and white — do the same thing.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

That column gives bloggers a bad name. What? That was in an APSE-honored newspaper?

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

There's a lot of bad stuff in the Sentinel lately. You should have read Sunday's game story from The Players Championship. It's a toss-up as to which was worse, the writer who created the trash or an editor who let it run.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was gonna say that I presume someone edited Jerry Greene's column before it ran. I blame whoever that was. I also would guess that someone might have suggested that idea to Jerry.

It's hard to be funny without a safety net.

7. Any answer not including the phrase, "and then three people were fired on the spot" will be disqualified by our panel of judges.

8. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/redickulously-gay.jpg

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I went and read the gamer. We talking about the same one? Because it was okay.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I guess I'm coming to this one late. It sounds like McCosky has a good read on the radio guy. For the record, I haven't listened to any Orlando sports radio. I can't get it, and I only live about 20-25 miles from Orlando. I used to listen to ESPN-Chicago from 200 miles away. I don't understand it.

Secondly, it's too bad McCosky generalizes and bad-mouths the whole of Florida sports radio people. That's unfair, and it paints him in a bad light.

Lastly, why exactly did he think it necessary to blow it out of proportion? So you had to deal with an idiot. Fine. It happens. It happened me to me when I was 10. My parents taught me to brush it off and move on. It's called maturity. It's called grace. By lashing back, this guy stooped to the level of the guy he called out.

Draft saved Draft deleted