1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA women's basketball-Tuesday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Mar 20, 2007.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Just because I have nothing else to do tonight, and that Bowling Green guard Kate Achter's uncle was my high school football coach...

What's up tonight? Maryland losing? UConn losing to UW-Green Bay at the half? Bowling Green whacking SEC champ Vanderbilt at the half?

And, for the love of God, Linda Cohn doing PxP??????

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

At least you're trying to justify the act.

3. For starters, UW-Green Bay deserved much better than a No. 9 seed, and is showing it.

The Phoenix have nearly an identical resume to Middle Tennessee State — mid-major school, 25-game or so winning streak, fewer than five losses on the season. They are also the only non-BCS school to own three wins against schools from a BCS conference.

So MTSU got a 5 seed, UWGB a 9.

I'm not saying the Phoenix will hold on against UConn, but they are a much better team than people — including the NCAA selection committee — realize.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Since the men's tournament decided not to have upsets this year, the women's is giving us those in spades. From Marist to Mississippi to (maybe) Wis.-Green Bay and Bowling Green.

I'd love so see the freaking Huskies get their asses handed to them.

UNC's down too.

5. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Marist? MARIST?????

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I saw Marist play in December. That team's fucking legit. They can shoot the lights out.

7. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Can ESPN whip to the Vandy-BG game? They're sticking with the ND-UNC game (can't blame them), but the only video updates we seem to be getting are coming out of Hartford.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Crazy night on the women's side so far, for sure. And since no one has mentioned it yet...

GO KAY YOW! FUCK YEAH!

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Way down south in Mississippi
    There's a spot that ever calls
    Where amongst the hills enfolded
    Stand old Alma Mater's Halls

Where the trees lift high their branches
    To the whispering Southern breeze
    There Ole Miss is calling, calling
    To our hearts fond memories.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Made my night. :)

I knew Baylor would be tough. Kim Mulkey isn't going to let a team fold, even though most of the arena and arguably one of the most moving stories in women's ball against her and the Bears. Just glad they didn't get it done.

Up next: UConn. Hello, Geno ... and if he says anything stupid about either Kay or the school, may he burn in hell.

11. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

BG also deserved a better seed. And Vandy knew it.

12. What a good story indeed.

With what she went through with breast cancer and then coming back to coach and seeing her team respond so well, I am rooting for the Wolfpack to win it all.

I have a good feeling that the Wolfpack will get the job done against UConn. It wouldn't surprise me if they get to the Final Four. They have been battle-tested well in the last few weeks especially in the ACC Tournament.

Draft saved Draft deleted