1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 9 College Football: Bill Snyder's Messy Diaper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The MSU quarterback has 15 TD passes and 1 INT all season. The defensive secondary is rock solid. Call the Maroons flimsy if you want, but 'Bama isn't likely to be anywhere near 24 points better than its opponent this weekend.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Agreed. Alabama generally doesn't blow people out, either, at least not in the 50-10 way. I say Bama wins 31-10, with a fourth-quarter TD icing it. State keeps it respectable, but Bama still notches an impressive win.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Unlike that "slightly more prominent team an hour up the road", the Cajuns don't wear white at home every week. They started an annual "White Out" game last year under Mark Hudspeth and plan to do it once a year, preferably on televised games (when it theoretically looks better, I guess).

Don't think it's a "desperate" move, just trying to establish some semblance of a tradition at a school lacking a whole lot of football tradition.

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

In the game no one cares about, Hawaii at Colorado State. Really, someone has to win that one.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Jackie Sherrill called it Mississippi. So I will call it Mississippi.

Roll Tide.

Edit: And I'm glad Steak Snabler knew where I was coming from.

Roll Tide again.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I mostly do it because I go these threads when I need to check a time, TV station or line for a game. (Message to national sports websites: Putting those three things on one easy-to-use page would be invaluable.) I probably use these threads for those purposes at least 10 times a week. The little capsules are just whatever I think of in 30 seconds to make it slightly more interesting than a straight list of games.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No gambling info, but I've found this website to be invaluable for times and TV info (all times listed are Central):

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

8. turski7

turski7 Member

37-0 on Wednesday. Oregon is scary good and CU is scary bad.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because it's WLOCP Week:

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Leach bans players from twitter. The meltdown continues.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/10/24/2146598/wsu-coach-leach-bans-players-from.html

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Because two games against 1-AA schools and the general shittiness of the ACC is going to crush their computer ranking, even with a theoretical win against Florida.

12. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Oregon just scored again (44-0). Their out for revenge for when Rick Neuheisel and the Buffs ran a fake punt while up big late in the Cotton Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted