1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 7

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Interesting that he says the only compensation he gets is his scholarship -- which includes roughly $8,000 for living expenses for a four-month period. That's way better than the part-time summer job I had when I was in college.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

One of my chief football peeves played out tonight.

4th down and Virginia needs a foot for a first down against Miami. They go for it.

The play call? They put the QB in the shotgun with a single back behind him. He hands it off and the runner is stopped well behind the line of scrimmage.

If you need one foot why do you have a guy try to run eight yards to get it? Kills me every time.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It is part of the Texas State Fair. But we know what tradition means nowadays.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Virginia is a fraud.
    They’re one QB injury from finishing 5-7.
    No urgency. Took 35 seconds between plays.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Does Mel Tucker talk during games? Or just wear the headset?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you look close, instead of a Port-a-Phone logo you'll see one for Beats.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of frauds ....

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I dunno. Seems a little harsh. He's only been there for six games. I can't imagine anyone had great expectations for Colorado going into this season and they have two wins over ranked teams.*

Oregon's defense is making everyone look foolish this year. I think the next couple of games -- Wazzu and SC -- should be a much better barometer.

* Mediocre ranked teams, but ranked nonetheless.

9. exmediahack

Last night was the Colorado team I expected all year but they came into the game with lots of injuries on defense. Their horrible body language from the offensive side last year still travels and that’s good to see.

CU has exceeded my expectations this year. I think they’re just thin right now.

10. exmediahack

For today. Unders. Look at em.

5-0 so far on the FCS TV games this week.
    I’ve won them all live betting this week. Four shipped by 10+ points. One was lucky.

Some theories on this. We’re in the grinder of the college season. Conference games where teams are already familiar with opponents. Favorites just trying to escape for the next game.

On top of this, pretty much every Big Ten/Northern ACC is in cold and wind. Lots of running. My weather guy showed be the wind models for today as we plan our action. 30-40 MPH won’t be unusual.

I like unders all over the place today — especially at Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, West Virginia, Kentucky and Georgia.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’ve had gator
    It really does taste like chicken

Draft saved Draft deleted