1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 4 College football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BrianGriffin, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The full statement:

http://pac-12.com/article/2013/09/16/pac-12-reprimands-game-officials-wisconsin-arizona-state-game

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rick Neuheisel's "Ballad of Johnny Football" from the DP show. Hilarious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/rick-neuheisel-sang-country-song-johnny-manziel-tune-163745214--ncaaf.html

He's also outstanding as a commentator/analyst on the Pac-12 Network.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They pretty much have to build a new stadium if they ever wanted to move to FBS, right? They'd probably be respectable fairly quickly in the MAC, especially with a couple of FBS classes under their belts. But I don't know if the MAC would be worth the effort, and they don't bring enough to be MWC members, at least not yet.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Included it because ULM beat Arkansas last year, lost to Auburn in OT and lost to Baylor, 47-42. This year, the Indians (nay, Warhawks) beat Wake Forest (no monumental achievement, but still a BCS team) but were trucked by Oklahoma.

Struck me as the top of the list under the little-guy-upset-alert column.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Nice move? Uh, no. Best game of the week is Arizona State at Stanford and that's where Gameday should be. If Gameday wanted to visit NDSU, how about either of the next two weeks against a good South Dakota State team or against a really good Northern Iowa squad? NDSU will beat Delaware State like a drum.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Monroe's QB is pretty decent. It'll go over.

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Problem is, next week you start getting the meat of the BCS conference schedules. Week 5 you have Oklahoma-Notre Dame, Ole Miss-Bama, LSU-Georgia and Wisconsin-Ohio State, among others. Week 6 you have Washington-Stanford (another chance to do a game from Stanford), Arizona State-Notre Dame and Ohio State-Northwestern.

The lack of marquee games this week is what makes the North Dakota State thing doable.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Alabama with the college football version of a "first world problem." They're circulating a campaign to get students to stay for all four quarters of home-game blowouts before going to get drunk (or get drunk again, as it were):

https://twitter.com/uasga/status/379703125827145728/photo/1

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Even Bama kids gotta get their .341 on.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No way.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Gameday always tries to do one 'off-the-beaten-path' show a year. Last year, it was aboard USS San Diego, the year before was the SMU-Houston game where Corso said the F bomb on the air, they've been to Florida A&M, Amherst-Williams, etc.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Chef, you're leaving out the Idaho-Washington State game, which the Pac-12 network decided to show, thus moving the kickoff to 7:30 AT NIGHT (Pacific Time).

Not that I nor the rest of my shop's sports department is bitter or anything ... :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted