1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 3 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Thursday:

24 TCU @ Texas Tech---Guns Up!

Saturday:

1 Alabama @ 6 Texas A&M--Me thinks Johnny Football gets taken behind the woodshed.

Tennessee @ 2 Oregon---This will be over quickly.

4 Ohio State @ Cal---Cal hung on to beat Portland State Saturday. Portland State. Over quickly #2.

16 UCLA @ 23 Nebraska---Could be the game of the weekend.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Guns Up! has become WazzUp!

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen in first two games WazzUp is building a much
    better defense that Guns Up had. Very Physical .

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think it's No. 20 in the secondary who brings the wood like Mark Carrier did. Wrecking ball.

It is. Deone Bucannon.

[​IMG]

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Marqise Lee seemed to get a tad gun shy coming across the middle.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

58 Maryland @ 128 UConn, Go Terps

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't forget to take a nap after the Bama game. Wisconsin plays Arizona State.

8. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

What a shitty week. I guess it's the week everybody plays a guarantee game in preparation for conference schedules. Good weekend to shut it down and head for the beach one last time.

Fricking UCLA-Nebraska. That's the best ya got?

Well, A&M-Bama, I suppose. But we're all anticipating the dud there.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The Cougs had a stout defense in 1994, the Palouse Posse. I believe it was the No. 2 defense in the country. However, there was no offense to go with it.
    Bucannon has been strong, but Damante Horton was the one who matched up with Lee on Saturday and notched the pick-six, plus the pick late to seal the win.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I read somewhere the Ducks are +21 over the Vols.

That's the easiest money I've seen in a very long time.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that I'm the lone lunatic who thinks that the Bama-A&M game just won't be a good one but a great one and, I think, A&M wins.

Bama looked positively pedestrian against Virginia Tech. They're a team missing Barrett Jones, for one.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, A&M let Rice hang around for a good while, too. Never in danger of actually losing, of course.

I suspect this will be a typical Bama game. Slow start on offense, lots of 3-and-outs both ways in the first half. Bama gets a turnover and the floodgates start to open a little. By the end of the third quarter, Nick Saban will have his arms folded on the sideline with a smug grin on his face. When CBS sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson asks him about Manziel, he'll say "we have some guys who can play a little bit, too."

Alabama has had this one circled on the calendar for almost a year. No chance of a letdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted