1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

ESPN is rather amazing. It spent all year telling us the SEC would get two teams in the playoff field. Then when Georgia exposed itself as a fraud a week after Alabama did the same, the network spends time interviewing the new coach of Ole Miss, which hasn't been relevant in the sport since those damned fedruhl people had the gall to order them to admit black people.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Looking at the bowl schedule...

I don't want to say Alabama is going to absolutely wreck Michigan, but that line can't be high enough for me to not take the Tide.

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Might want to get in early on that. It opened at Alabama -7.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bama is going to make Mich look like the Citadel in Nov before the LSU game for the SEC Championship.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

So should I put 9 months worth of mortgage payments on that or just go for a full year?

Batman likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hate trying to pick a bowl game when neither team is trying to make a point. I think I'd hold off until I knew exactly who wasn't going to be playing in the game. Bama could have six starters sit out and/or be sent home for the undefined "violation of a team rule." I'm guessing very few starters in the Playoff will be sent home, violation or not.

Also - seemed like about a dozen guys were carted off the field in the various championship games. That can't be good.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

Normally I'm indifferent on Alabama games that aren't for a championship.

But Nick Saban is going to take such pleasure in embarrassing a Jim Harbaugh-coached team. I don't care if Bama plays just their 2nd and 3rd teams, a 42-14 ass whipping is on tap in Orlando. Jaylen Waddle is just a sophomore, he's playing and Michigan has no one on their roster that can come close to covering him.

I remember the last time Alabama played in the Citrus Bowl, they didn't give me the impression they were out for blood...then the game started.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know you just picked a random FCS team for that analogy, but the last time Alabama played The Citadel in November it didn't entirely go according to plan.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

D3 football playoffs had a whacky ending Saturday. My Johnnies were up 34-27 in final seconds against Wheaton. Wheaton scored on a plunge by an offensive lineman, Fridge Perry style, to make it 34-33. Big fella then spikes the ball, automatic penalty (I thought it was weak to call but it's apparently a no-doubt, automatic call for any spike). Moves PAT back 15 yards. Kicker misses the first one but....roughing the kicker! But that was offset by too many men on the field for Wheaton. So they just redo the whole thing again and the kicker...misses again. St. John's wins.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tide will be burning redshirts to field a defense. Those draft-eligible guys aren't playing in this one.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I could see it being the opposite, with Harbaugh winning a game that doesn't mean anything, 10.5 months before he suffers another ass-kicking at the hands of tOSU. Can see Alabama having a motivation problem plus maybe some roster issues as others have noted.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We are, but we are very confused. Are you Starman?

Draft saved Draft deleted