1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yeah...no.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Long live the freek.
    UGA backing back into his kennel had me rolling.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found it interesting that Justin Herbert won the "Academic Heisman" which includes $25k for post-graduate studies. I realize fb players are on scholarship, but those Dr. Pepper slobs won $100k for school for throwing the ball granny style into a can.

Also - with teams now announcing schedule additions in years beyond their next TV rights deals, I'm surprised there isn't concern that the market may bottom out. I've read the reason they schedule so far out is so they can lock in games for 2025 at 2019 prices, but I'd be surprised if on the whole the TV money in the next negotiations keeps up with inflation.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ole Miss today announced a home-and-home series with Oregon State in 2027 and 2030. They'd already set one up with Virginia Tech for 2034 and 2037. Kids being born this year might play in that 2037 game in Oxford.
    I get that schedules are hard to lock down when there are only a handful of open dates, and then you have to make those work on top of it. But can we please put a cap on how far out you can schedule? Six or seven years seems like it's plenty.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess those games will never be played.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well - it depends on what the trade agreement between the US and the Republic of Trumpmerica says.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech and Wisconsin scheduled a home and home for 2008 and 2009 back around 2000. Neither game was played and probably never will be played.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted