1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I expected LSU to drop last week when they gave up over 400 rushing yards and 600 total yards to Ole Miss. This week the Tigers had a nice bounce back game on defense. But I guess the committee values Penn State as the best two-loss team in the country and moving OSU up and only dropping Penn State a couple of spots shows that.

What I got out of the Rankings is that Utah is in a bad spot with Oregon falling nine places. They have to win big against Oregon to have any sort of chance if all things stay equal. Meanwhile the Big XII got a reprieve with Oklahoma and Baylor in the top nine.

2. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Why does everybody forget about Ohio State boat-racing Wisconsin? They held the presumptive best RB in the country to 52 yards and 2.6 per carry.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll wait until Saturday to see how Michigan and Minnesota do before I can really get a taste for Wisconsin.

4. DanOregon

Given the 150th anniversary of college football - I would really love to see some throwback formations in some of the rivalry games this week. Single-Wing, Wing T, Double Wing, Wishbone, T formation, split T I think Texas ran some wishbone as a tribute to Darrel Royal after he died. Teams usually work on a "special" set anyway. Credit Oregon State for throwing in a drop kick earlier this season.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rutgers has been using its 1869 offense all season long.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is true, but this is also Senior Day for NT QB Mason Fine. They're a good team that was expected to be in the mix for a conference championship. Fine is a very skilled QB who has carried them for years, they'll want him to go out with a win. I think UAB wins the game, but don't underestimate North Texas or their motivation. This is their bowl game, or as close as they'll get to one.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Wenders likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If LSU wins out, I still think the Tigers are No. 1. Beating No. 4 Georgia on a neutral field will be a better win than Ohio State can get in the B1G championship, and that will put the Tigers over the top.

Still think that Utah will surpass Alabama should the Utes win out. But it's clear that Alabama will make it if Utah falters. I'm not sure Baylor or Oklahoma can pass the Tide.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

My bad; good guess. The schedule I saw said SD State, and with Fresno State also on the schedule I thought maybe they were trying to raise their recruiting visibility in California.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting like mad for Michigan, South Carolina, Colorado and Auburn this weekend.
    If we really want an 8-team playoff, then we need the most chaotic of situations to happen.
    Just out and out carnage.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The larger the number of Power Five conferences excluded from the playoff, the greater the chance of an 8-team playoff. That's the formula. The sequence of events it would take for there to be a fight between two-loss teams for selection is almost unimaginable. Putting any two-loss team in ahead of a one-loss conference champ would threaten to blow up the system altogether. BTW Chef, I wouldn't bet that parlay if I were you, though I suppose the odds would offer a high reward indeed.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

There are so many possibilities for all hell breaking loose this week and I want every potential upset to happen. Make this thing as ridiculous as possible.

Chef2 and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. DanOregon

If it happens to the Pac-12: Well that shows how crappy that conference is.
    If it happens in the SEC or Big 10: Well that shows you how deep and competitive that conference is.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted