1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bet the mortgage on the Hokies. You'll be able to pay off the house on Monday.

2. tapintoamerica

Sounds like Louisville basketball a few years ago. (The "turned to Hooker" part, that is.)

Cosmo likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Anybody for some MACtion?
    [​IMG]

amraeder likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My friends on both sides wouldn’t mind if somebody punched Muschamp

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

There are more people on the sidelines than in the stands.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As a Mizzou fan, what pisses me off was MU was stupid in thinking it would be smart to assist the investigation.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know, there's a lot about America that's broken. Homeless everywhere; zombie malls; bridges collapsing; sports attendance, to name just a few of a list containing thousands. Nothing is the same as it once was. Nothing.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Minnesota didn't play San Diego State this year. Without peeking at the Gophers' schedule, I'd guess you're referring to FCS South Dakota State.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the poll is going to drop LSU for only beating Arkansas by 36 and reward Ohio State for only beating Penn State by 11 - I'm guessing they are "rewarding" Ohio State for bolstering their resume - I just don't understand what other wins got them to number 2. And why is Utah below Bama when they thumped a DI school while Bama played an FCS team?
    I realize it is mainly to make conversation, but Ohio State will have games agains Michigan and Minn/Wisc to finish out, and sure the Cincy win looks even better today. But I also wonder if the committee wants to do their best to make sure they get one non-Southern team in the final.

And Sagarin is garbage. I'm still puzzled how he figures Bama is better than LSU at this point given the data points like SoS and records against top teams.

10. tapintoamerica

Gophers home dogs vs. Wisconsin. ESPN's FPI gives them a 39% chance to win. Think Mr. Row The Boat is playing that one up in the pregame speech?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jimmy Dugan was right. Dozens of people were waiting for the game to start.

Wenders and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"Packing them in by the dozens."

Draft saved Draft deleted