1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The OP's lines say the game is at noon Saturday.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's Friday.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Definitely Friday.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

After getting smoked by Duke, I would've never guessed Virginia Tech was going have an inside track at 9-3 and possibly be a live underdog against Clemson in the ACC title game.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You and me both. Then Ryan Willis' juju ran out on Fuente, he magically turned to Hooker and the rest is history.

Also, this is a fun read.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  6. HappyCurmudgeon

So how much hell can break loose this Saturday? What happens if:

Michigan upsets Ohio State in Ann Arbor
    Texas A&M shocks LSU in Death Valley
    Auburn shuts down Alabama in Jordan Hare
    Wisconsin wins the Paul Bunyan Axe
    Oklahoma State outshoots Oklahoma in Bedlam

The odds a two-loss team making the playoff would have to rise significantly right?

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Is there a line on a brawl breaking out at the Carolina/Clemson game? I have a bad feeling about this game from my interactions with their fanbases this week.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

Brawl among fans? Sure there's a 10000000000 percent chance of that happening.

Brawl among teams? Does South Carolina give you the impression they have that much fight in them?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I copied and pasted it from the ncaa website.
    All apologies.

10. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

This probably didn't play in to the setting of the line, but the weather may heavily favor Wisconsin this week. Up to a foot of snow is forecast in Minneapolis tonight, with more Friday, and the forecast for Saturday is rain/snow and windy. Nobody seems able to significantly slow down Minnesota's passing game but that weather might, and Wisconsin/Jonathan Taylor wouldn't be as severely affected by bad conditions, one would think.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Ha, should have made my point more clear.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

All of Mizzou’s penalties upheld. The NCAA just guaranteed no school ever cooperates again. The incentive is to lawyer up and deny everything because being honest (blue font) and forthright and ahead of the curve means nothing.

As a Mizzou fan, I don’t really care about the penalties, but what pisses me off is the blatant hypocrisy of the NCAA.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted