1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

SEC! SEC!

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're not allowed to have 12 in your formation for longer than 3 seconds or if the snap is about to happen. Refs will blow it dead. Play isn't dead if the 12th defender is running off the field.

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I've seen guys running off the field at the last second, and plays run with 12 on the field, so often that I just assumed they had until the snap.

4. Spartan Squad

I think that's the rule in the NFL. I thought it was the same in college until I saw them call plays dead a couple of times.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Legitimate question ... If Oklahoma and Utah both lose tonight, and Oklahoma beats Baylor next week to turn all of these one-loss teams into two-loss teams, does that open the door yet again for Alabama? And how long will it take some talking head on ESPN to start making that argument?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They have to call it.

The bigger fuck up was not blowing the FG try dead at the end of the half. Clock was supposed to start on the whistle and it didn’t.

7. Spartan Squad

Georgia probably gets the nod in that case but I imagine ESPN is already scripting that for the shouting shows.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Alabama fanbois gonna fanboi no matter what. They'll be moaning no matter where they go.

9. Spartan Squad

Harbaugh continues to be an unrelenting asshole

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had two 2-1 parlays today. Got a gift defensive touchdown from Notre Dame in the final minute to keep the second one alive, but Tennessee (-21) couldn't get over the hump against Vanderbilt and won 28-10 in a game with two weather delays.
    Assuming LSU doesn't completely fall apart in the fourth quarter I'm looking at a 7-4 week overall to go to 32-11-1 over the last six weeks of the regular season. I'll be 6-2 for today.
    Of course winning is nice, but getting paid is even nicer. Because of the parlays, the only win tickets I'll get to cash are from Ohio State and LSU. Still going to be a profitable week, though.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Streaks like that didn’t build Vegas.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted