1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And Buffalo, 3-6 Buffalo, could still win the MAC Eastern Division and qualify for a bowl game.

2. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

The UC/West Virginia game should be exciting to watch. West Virginia can play defense, but the bearcats can score with the best of them.

And they're on a roll. South Florida, UConn and West Virginia in consecutive weeks would be a pretty impressive stretch of wins.

I'm glad to see Ben Mauk finally playing well. I remember when he was playing for Kenton high school and threw for like 8 million yards and 700 touchdowns in his high school career.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wow. That has to be some sort of record. [bluefont]

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

UB is 4-6, with Bowling Green at home and Kent State on the road. Miami has pretty much clinched the MAC East and has the tie-breaker over the Bulls so Miami will play in the championship game. Buffalo could fill a MAC bowl slot at 6-6 overall, 6-2 in the MAC if it wins out; the bowl in Toronto might take them.

Played a decent non-league schedule: At Rutgers, at Penn State, at Syracuse, home with Baylor. Football is a hard sell at UB because the Bills are so dominant, because it dropped FB for about 10 years in the late 1960s-early 1970s, and because it hasn't been I-A all that long.

They are hoping Nebraska hires Pellini, not Turner Gill. They know he's leaving eventually but they'd like to keep him as long as possible.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Oklahoma has been putrid on the road. See the loss to Colorado and a 17-7 win at Iowa State. I think that game will be close.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Chef -

You call the OU-Texas Tech game the upset special, yet you think they will handily cover the spread?
    Oklahoma's Big 12 road wins have come by much smaller margins than have their home wins.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's the two sides of my head talking.
    My heart says root like hell for Tech.
    My wallet says 7.5 isn't near enough.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kansas minus the 26 looks good.

Mangino wants his waste line on the board by half.

Never thought you would see that typed, right?

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Dixon coasts in on a fourth-down from 30 yards out for a TD, then Oregon converts the two-point conversion. Not sure why the Ducks went for two.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Cincinnati beats WVU.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If only because I'm wondering where, exactly, a man's "waste line" is.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We've now got a Heisman frontrunner with a bad wheel, kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted