1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 10 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

TBA 18 Oklahoma State Cowboys Iowa State Cyclones

Take the pokes.

Thanks albert.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know, dude. Iowa State isn't a pushover this season. What are the points?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey, Chef, that's not how the song goes ... :D

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

From what I can tell, Iowa St. is getting 11.5

With no Dez Bryant, and Zac Robinson playing more like Zac Morris, I would probably take those points.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll take Iowa State and the 11.5 at home.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not a bad pick.

Did anyone see the video following ISU's win at Nebraska. A bunch of video was taken from inside the locker room after the game (coach's speech, etc.). Pretty riveting stuff.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Thought the same thing.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I find it more amusing that there's a not unreasonable chance that the ACC title game could be Duke vs. Wake Forest

9. JackReacher

Actually, it's pretty damn unreasonable. You seen Duke's remaining sked? It might win one more game.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

North Carolina's beatable. Wake Forest is beatable. Georgia Tech is a longshot at home, and Miami is a longshot on the road. So best feasable scenario, they split the four and finish 5-3 in the ACC. Of course, that renders everything moot because it means they lost to Georgia Tech, who at worst would finish 6-2, since they're 5-1 now.

If Duke somehow beats Georgia Tech along with UNC and Wake, then they and GT are 6-2, and Duke owns the tiebreaker.

Miami and Virginia Tech are 3-2 and probably have to win out, since in all likelihood the division champion is finishing 6-2. If they win out, then they'll have a win over Duke in the quiver, so they'll have that tiebreaker (assuming a two-way tie and not a 3/4-team cluster).

Virginia at 2-2 could win out, but you know, no. North Carolina at 1-3 is done.

The best chance for Duke to reach the ACC title game: Go 3-1 down the stretch (beating UNC, Wake and GT while losing @Miami) to finish 6-2. Have Georgia Tech beat Wake, lose to Duke and go 6-2. Have Miami drop one they aren't expecting to (@Carolina is a better probability than Virginia) and finish 5-3. Have Virginia Tech lose one they aren't expecting (@Maryland, N.C. State, @Virginia) and finish 5-3.

It's not tremendously likely, but it's not Cumberland beating Georgia Tech either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JackReacher

Yeah...I'll stick with pretty damn unreasonable. But feel free to throw this in my face in a month should they do it.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Georgia Tech is absolutely capable of losing to Duke. The Jackets have at least one game annually where they either lose to someone they shouldn't or look absolutely ridiculous winning. Usually it's against Virginia, but they managed to win that game this year. It's been Duke before.

Of course, I'd prefer it were Georgia, but that's another matter entirely.

Draft saved Draft deleted