1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Unveils 68-team plan for men's basketball tournament

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What exactly is being gained by adding these additional three schools? Just three more at-large bids?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed. It was perfect at 64. I don't know that having four play-in games is any worse than having one, but why have any?

I know this will never happen, but I wish they would get rid of conference tournaments and have the regular season champion get the automatic bids. That will probably open up 3-4 spots every year from the No. 6 seed in some mid-major conference that had a good week, got lucky and got in.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What is so hard about just having the final 8 at-large teams play these play-in games? Isn't that the bitch of bubble teams - that they just needed the opportunity to play their way in to the tournament?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be a lot more this if the four play-in games were major conference teams vying for the two No. 12 seeds and two No. 13 seeds.

That will never happen because it would completely fuck up the bracket and ruin gambling as we know it on the tournament.

Draft saved Draft deleted