1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tourney second round thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Look who's back! It's SJ's version of the Memory Cube from Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nah Bubbs, that's you. KCM is the Wisdom Cube.....

3. WS

WS Member

I've got West Virginia over Dook, so as long as the refs don't screw me, I'll be good there

4. WS

WS Member

already screwing me

Paulus can't stay that lucky all game

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shit! Wisdom cube, right.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't care if Huggins doesn't wear a shirt and tie, but whatever the hell t-shirt he's wearing just doesn't look right under a jacket.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... Duke got ALL the calls against Belmont. ::) ::)

If Belmont executes anything in the last two minutes, Duke is gone. Belmont played its butt off, and probably should have won. But the officials didn't give Duke that game.

Now, that game in the ESA did hinge on a phantom call ...

8. Sam Mills 51

Shut up and sit down, Thuggy.

Wait ... on second thought, keep it up. I think little would please me more than watching your sorry butt involuntarily walk off the floor.

9. Boobie Miles

The Duke officiating thing may or not be myth, but it's reached astronomical levels to the point where you can't watch a game without people commenting on every foul, even on the most obvious, blatant fouls.

Couldn't agree more on Belmont. They were too concerned with running the clock down in the last two minutes that all they got were forced shots to beat the shot clock. Didn't get a good look on any of their final possessions.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Th refs are calling this game way too close. They're not allowing for any rhythm in the game.

11. Boobie Miles

Here's why I like Duke (and I can totally understand why people hate them) because it's great for sport to have a villain. Listen to how loud that crowd is. It's all anti-Duke and it's louder than any other site, save for when a Cinderella is pulling off an upset. You also know the other team is always going to bring their A game.

They are a bit like the Patriots in that they do a lot of cheap and chippy shit and act like they're above it all. In both instances I which both would just embrace it. Be the villains, there's nothing wrong with it.

12. Sam Mills 51

Thing is, I've been watching college basketball long enough to feel that Chapel Hill was always getting those breaks. And that was when Bill Foster was the coach in Durham. Mind games and Dean Smith were synonymous.

Draft saved Draft deleted