1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tourney first round thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I replied because you talked about Roy "little something to do with Kansas building it's program up into a power," because KU already was a national power, coming off a national championship and two Final Fours in the previous three seasons. The way you phrased it, you would have thought Roy did for KU what Bruce Pearl did at Tennessee, which wasn't the case.

In your last post, you talked about keeping a program at elite status, which is quite a shift from building a program into one.

2. rube

rube Active Member

Oh no, my mistake I guess. I never intended to say Roy built Kansas into a power. Guess I didn't explain myself well.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not a problem. All I know is, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Two years ago, KU played in the late Friday night slot. Last year, KU played in the 7 p.m. Friday slot. No such wait this time -- 12:25 p.m. tip tomorrow, er, today, actually. Love that starting tip. And I have off today, so nothing's going to distract me.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Anyone competing against John McCain's bracket? (see ad on top and right side)

Maybe the far right is protesting by trying to beat Hillary's bracket.

5. There are ads on here?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You don't know what you're missing.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I read in the Seattle PI that Winthrop is similar to Oregon, with quick, athletic guards that can score in a hurry. If that's the case, then Washington State might lose tomorrow.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How many salami sandwiches will be ingested during said tourney games?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Princeton DID beat Georgetown . . . unfortunately, the officials had another view of things.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This is the NCAA Tournament we're talking about. Only wings and Dr Pepper at a friend's house -- he's got the CBS package, so we can flip to any game -- will do.

11. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Anyone take Temple over Michigan State in the only early game that could be close? (sorry, not buying UGa)

12. I think I split on that one in the 28 brackets I did. Sparty should win, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they score 27 points.

Draft saved Draft deleted