1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tourney first round thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Mar 19, 2008.

1. rube

rube Active Member

If you're high then I'm totally baked off my ass.
    I agree.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sweet. Pass the blunt.

Just a hunch. Tennessee is such a frenetic, frantic team...I can see it all unspooling in a hurry in one game. And I think Butler has a massive chip on its shoulder. Nearly beat Florida last year and gets saddled with a 7 and an away game at South Alabama. What better way to tell the committee to cram it than by going to the Sweet 16 again and beating the former no. 1 team in the process?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

UNC doesn't have a fucking prayer.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It'd be hilarious if UNC lost to Mount St. Mary's.

The only time a No. 16 seed has ever knocked off a No. 1 seed was in the women's 1998 NCAA Tournament. The Harvard Crimson beat the Stanford Cardinal.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Roy Williams was hired after Larry Brown won the 1988 championship there. His first game in Lawrence was the first after KU cut down the nets at Kemper Arena.

I'm guessing KU was a power before Roy got there. I don't know, maybe that's just me.

And Alma, you've got a nice job summing up my feelings as Roy as a coach very nicely. I loved the warm grandpa, dadgummit side to him. But as a coach, the man frustrated me sometimes. I like Self better in a lot of ways.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hell, I have Butler in my Final Four.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if Washington State doesn't make it to the second round.

And American will shock the world!!! ;) :)

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My Mississippi State guy keeps looking at the Oregon roster and revising upwards how badly the Bullies will lose. I think he had it up to 20 the last time I asked.

9. rube

rube Active Member

Yeah I agree some on that one with Brown, but to just ignore what he did there over his tenure and chalk it up to just flying off Larry Brown's coattails is a bit much.
    Keeping a program on that elite level in the shadows of a great coach isn't as easy as some of us like to think.
    Again, I'm not a big Roy guy, he's a classic case of a guy who simply isn't a gamer and never seems to get the absolute best out of his top talent ... but he isn't total trash.
    Is he?

10. I can't recall a No. 1 seed getting less credit than Memphis (not that I disagree).

Does anyone have them in the Final Four?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dead. To. Me.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not that this validates Memphis, but someone on ESPN has them winning it all. It might have been Wilbon and then another guy on their NBA show.

Draft saved Draft deleted