1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament wireless

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Trust me, we have been planting the seeds about getting them to add wireless. Whether it happens soon, I don't know. It used to be they charged for ethernet access at Iowa. If anything, at least they don't do that now.

There is always an ethernet cord at my seat (of course, we cover every game). But I always carry a spare or two in case I need one, or anyone wants to borrow one.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Check 'em carefully. We had one guy at one site, and they charged us EIGHT times. Seems that the form got filled out twice, so they were asking us to pay twice what we should have.

They were very nice about reinvoicing it, just saying you need to check.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I was in Anaheim for the duration, and my wireless air card worked like a charm. Nobody ever said a word to me about it, either. And if they had, I would have put up a stink.

4. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

OK, funny story. Since the NCAA apparently couldn't figure out how to make you sign up online, you just gave them your credit card information on paper and they gave you a password, right?

Earlier today, I'm going through some old voicemails and came across one from the NCAA: "Yeah, TheMethod, the credit card information you gave us was declined by our system. Please call us back as soon as possible."

Suckers.

5. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

I just got my receipt today through the mail.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Solid...though of course you know the NCAA will somehow make a record of that and screw you later. And be proud of it.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

They'll probably put you on probation for 3 years, no bowl games, your assistant sports editors will be limited in their recruiting.
    Do it again: Death penalty.

8. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

What would the NCAA's legal recourse be if someone just so "happened" to leave their credit card in the hotel and missed a number/got one wrong when filling out the sheet of paper? I never had to show my credit card in Charlotte. Shouldn't they (the NCAA or the people handling Web access for the NCAA) have to verify the card before handing out the product, ala gas stations, grocery stores, hotels, restaurants, etc.?

9. AVSE

AVSE Member

Serves those fuckers right for charging for it in the first place. They even blocked the wireless for media covering the Ducks for the games in Anaheim

10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

You dug up a thread which had been in a coma for nine months for the above gem of an addition?

And I thought I was one bad newbie.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Today is resurrection day. Half-a-dozen threads a year-plus old came back to life.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This one is only nine months old ..... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted