1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament wireless

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I covered a couple of weekends of the NCAA Tournament last month, and bought the $16 a day wireless. I don't have a company card so it went on my personal credit card.

Now, it's on my bill. Yet I have not seen a receipt of any sort (they said they'd mail or fax it). I have no freaking idea who to even get a hold of to try and get a receipt so my company will reimburse me.

Anyone have any clues?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Show them your credit card bill. That should be proof of payment.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I got mine in the mail at work a couple of days ago.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Not everywhere :mad:

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Not everywhere.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

John-- Is there a number or Web site on it? Can you PM me?

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Shaggy -- If you don't get it resolved soon, I'd shoot an e-mail to David Worlock at the NCAA. He's the basketball liaison and I'm pretty sure he can get you in touch with the right people.

dworlock@ncaa.org

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every time I've ever done that the bill is emailed to me... I can't imagine how this is no longer the case...

9. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

I would just like to note that it is unbelievable horseshit that wireless costs $16 a day at the NCAA Tournament. And in Detroit, where I was, it worked about half the time.

10. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Ditto in San Antonio at the FF. We were told it's a problem inherent to domes, there's nothing they can do about it that wouldn't be cost-prohibitive (yeah, right ::)) and it's going to continue to be a problem at future dome sites.

All I know is it made for some nerve-wracking moments Monday night when the game went to OT, deadlines were being busted and the wireless was extremely spotty.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They could charge three times as much and they'd get it... I think Soldier Field charges $30 for press box internet access...

Remember, it wasn't too long ago where you would have to pay $150 plus a day if you wanted a phone line put in...

I agree it should be free, but...

12. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

I sent this to shaggy:
    NCAA Championship Telecommunications Center
    217 Grandville Ave. SW, Suite 301
    Grand Rapids, MI 49503
    866-474-9244 (phone)
    866-545-3855 (toll-free fax)

when more and more writers are using aircards, that cash cow will dry up and they'll look for another way to charge us for something -- probably electricity.

Draft saved Draft deleted