1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I've got the Pups taking out U-Dub, but that's as far as they'll go. They can't hang with Purdon't. BTW, the BMs are the closest thing I've got to a bracket-buster. I think they'll send UConn home early.

I've got UNC over Memphis in the finals, with one big qualifier. With Ty Lawson. With Lawson, they're the best team in the field; without him, they're very beatable. The Ville and Pitt are my other FF picks, but I'm not as sold on Little Ricky's boys as the Selection Committee was. I think they'll handle tOSU OK, but Wake could give them problems.

And, finally, everyone should tune in to the play-in game tomorrow just to experience the king and all-time champion of the All-Name team, one Chief Kickingstallionsims of Alabama State.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

It goes against all my Ole Miss alum instincts, but I got State winning two games.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

State could easily lose to Washington, but to say it couldn't hang with Purdue is silly.

You simply can't score inside on Varnado, so if he avoids foul trouble and the guards are hitting from 3, State can beat just about anyone. Ravern Johnson is going to be a star, too.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wasn't he a character in You Gotta Play Hurt?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Miss. St. could give a lot of people trouble but I think it's one and done ..close, but they go down to Washington.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

I said last week that Cuse wouldn't win another game after beating UConn in six OTs. Well, that wasn't the case.

But I'm sticking to my statement that they won't win a tournament game. I'm a man of my word. Axe 'em Jacks.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, the big money will be on a No. 4 seed Wash. overwhelming jet-lagged, worn-out, frosh/soph-laden MSU.

State's advanced to one Sweet 16 in program history -- when they made the 95-96 Final Four.
    Alums and supporters want another Sweet 16 or two now and then, and anything else will be nice, too.
    That Sweet 16 is so beneficial, though, for exposure.
    State never gets there.

It'd be nice to change the trend.
    This has far and away been the MSU athletic depts. most productive program of the past 15-20 years.
    Gotta make the next step, though.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Damn, that's strange. Me, too. Still got the ticket stub ($8). Was a junior in high school at the time.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

I've got the same Final Four, with Pitt over Louisville in the title.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm sorry, but that court is beyond horrible. And this from the people who gave us blue football fields. The NCAA needs to amend its bylaws and get the AD off those psychotropic drugs.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

From the MSU intranet wire:
    (FYI)

The MSU Athletic Ticket Office has announced that Mississippi State’s allotment of tickets for the Men's NCAA first and second round games in Portland, Oregon is sold out. Bulldog Club members had until 4:30 Monday to request tickets and all tickets have been sold.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And yet that court still looks 100 times better than the one they played on during the 1980s and '90s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.