1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hate to say this fen, but without James, your guys will not beat Utah State.

2. Why not?
    Seriously, I haven't watched them play a minute this year.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least Portland will have regional teams in UW and Gonzaga. Boise got hosed with the regional team being Utah State.

4. Gotta be '82, doesn't it?
    '81 was in Philly, the day Reagan got shot.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

One of my favorite newspaper front pages is from the Bloomington newspaper after the 81 title game.

Over the fold: IU wins NCAA
    Under the fold: Reagan in stable condition after being shot

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

What were you doing in the Superdome? 1981 Final Four was in Philadelphia. '82 was in the Superdome, when Michael Jordan hit the go-ahead shot and Freddy Brown passed the ball to James Worthy. If you were at that one, I was one of those 60,000 friends -- one of the ones in the upper deck (I won the lottery, too). Not a bad seat, actually -- at the front of said upper deck right behind the basket where Jordan made the shot.

7. I was there, too.
    Section 646.
    Four rows from the back wall.
    Five minutes before Georgetown-UNC, behind us, a young lady gave back all the Hurricanes she'd drunk the previous three days.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Another bad idea we could live without.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

And therelin lies another problem: 1 and 2 seeds don't NEED another advantage.

One of the first rules I'm going to mandate when I become sports czar of the world is that no team can play the opening weekend within 300 miles of its campus.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Blue and orange are simply great colors together.

11. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Here's a suggestion for your brackets.

Whatever is going to make Vegas a shitload of much-needed cash is going to be the bracket you need to get a hold of. If AIG can screw the taxpayer, Vegas can screw the wagerer.

This is also why I think so many non-host schools bowed out of conference tourneys early. Makes for a nice three-day stay for the hotel industry in a weak economy.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

All I've got to say is:

Washington Huskies, UConn and Memphis better look out if they have to play Mississippi State.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.