1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

When I went to a second-round NCAA game in W-S about 8 years ago, I paid $100 for a single ticket from a scalper, but it was also Duke-Kansas/Florida-Illinois. So $25 might be optimistic.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Scalpers everywhere when I went to the final four.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

How much do tickets generally run for during the Sweet 16 and Elite 8? I may try to go to a game in Boston.

EDIT: On Ticketmaster or something. If you tried scalping those tickets you'd probably pay hundreds.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Did I say anything about a scarcity?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've got Pitt over Memphis in the title game and 'Nova getting to the Elite 8.

I'm not big on UConn. I think they'll crumble.

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I work Thursday and Friday, but I'll do everything in my power to be near a TV when the afternoon games are ending.

Didn't seem worth it to take an off day for this.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I fully expect Pitt to bow out as usual in the Sweet 16. Watch out for 'Nova in the East.

I'm stunned that UConn got a No. 1, not the same team without Dyson. Memphis comes out of that region. Yes, C-USA sucks. Doesn't mean Memphis isn't a very good team

If Lawson is healthy, this is Carolina's tournament to lose ... although Roy has a way of doing just that. A Hansbrough-Griffin match-up in the regional final could be great to watch.

Louisville-Carolina in the final.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

They also lost by a billion in South Bend. And didn't have to go to Hartford or Pittsburgh.

U of L/tOSU and thus tOSU/Siena scare the crap out of me doing my brackets.

9. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I hate, hate, hate my Final 4, BTW. Pitt (sure), 'Cuse (OK), Memphis (warning) and fucking Sparty. Really.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Memphis, Louisville, UNC, Tenn.

UNC beats Louisville in the finals.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh, UNC.

I really hate having so many top seeds there, but that's how it worked out.

Louisville over UNC in the final.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Bold predictions:

There will be no repeat Final Four teams from 2008: No North Carolina, no Memphis, no Kansas, no UCLA.

Pittsburgh MIGHT be the most talented team in the field, but won't win anything with Jamie Dixon on the bench. Shall save my surprise pick for the east region for later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.