1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I have a ticket to the national championship game so I unless I flip it for a good profit I'll be there Monday.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Don't know what Missouri game you were watching. It sure seemed to be in question when it was tied with 8 1/2 minutes left. Or when UConn led by two with less than six minutes left. Hell, it was a four-point game with 2 1/2 to go.

I thought that was a terrific game -- very entertaining -- and Missouri is a fun team to watch.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It was a three point game with less time than that, iirc. Mizzou played well, just not well enough to beat a top seed.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Which wasn't often...

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Whoop-de-damn-doo!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somehow, I don't think Albom could screw this one up... But if he does, he needs to get shitcanned on the spot.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just never got the feeling UConn would lose that game when Mizzou never could get over the hump. A good game, sure, but no drama down the stretch. Villanova-Pitt aside, no buzzer-beaters, no defensive stands, no clips begging to be included in "One Shining Moment."

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Now THAT was funny, even coming from a clueless idiot........ ;D

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Right now, "One Shining Moment" is just that -- 5 seconds of Scottie Reynolds.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And Gonzaga kid and to a lesser extent Michigan State kid and his "and-1" drive against Kansas......

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

One Shining Moment has long ago outlived its usefulness. Just trite crap now. Time to get rid of it.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.