1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Tournament commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-3 Fan, Mar 21, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I needed to segue away from the tournament and get off a rant about some of the commercials that has been running on CBS and MMOD online.

I've seen that Axe deodorant commercial before prior to them running it again. The more I see it, more I have to turn away from seeing that chick get sprayed by sweat or whatever the hell that is coming out of her BF's armpits. They can stop playing that at anytime.

The Ivan Brothers commercial on MMOD was amusing, but now it's overkill. I want to hear them talk, not dunk over a bunch of little peons and Seth Davis speaking glowingly of West Eastern State.

End of rant.

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

My wife has little interest in sports, but quipped after seeing the Axe commercial, "you can tell this is not as important as the Super Bowl, the commercials stink."

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

See also, Southwest Airlines baggage handlers/flashers.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i think that one is funny

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

They ran that commercial last year. I don't see why Axe would pull it out again.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Go on Youtube right now and watch the 6 minute video about the Ivan Brothers and their recruitment. Pure genius.

What's not genius? All of the commercials on Westwood One about Gout.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I did too. But by the third hour of the first day of the tournament, I was sick of it.

By yesterday, I told my wife that I was willing to pay for my bags to fly if it would get that spot to quit running for 24 hours.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Which, in it's own way, is hilarious.

These are the people that advertisers think listen to your radio broadcasts, Westwood One. People with Gout.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All of them have been horribly run into the ground and need to go.* But I do still find the skiing Visgoths funny.

* Except Hair Action girl. She is being held after class.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's specific to the tournament (or if it's been showing elsewhere as well), but I marvel at the mystery flavor of Stride gum — the commercial where the guy is about to tell us what it tastes like when three ostrich-riding dudes bust in an intimidate him into silence.

Mainly, I wonder where the ad guys got their obviously fabulous weed. I mean, three helmeted guys riding ostriches busting through the dorm walls?

Stop bogarting the good stuff, dudes.

11. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

The Miller Lite commercials have been great, especially this one:

I will admit, though, that seeing them over and over again wears on me. This one was only played sparingly, which is good because it probably is the best of the lot.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I love that girl (which I posted a month or so ago). Anybody know who she is??

Draft saved Draft deleted