1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA tournament 2011 — running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, my cable system Verizon FioS, which is so much better than Comcast in almost every way, does not appear to have TruTV.

2. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I was at an event and didn't see it, but I heard it was a pathetic effort.

Maybe USC wouldn't have thrashed Colorado.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I'm in the same boat, which means that at 11:29:57 ET, it's going to be 3, 2, 1 ...

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're way behind me.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

My boat only has a 12-horse. It is one of those two-pontoon party boats, though, built to go all day. Trying to get in the office by 7 a.m. on Friday. Good luck with that.

6. imjustagirl

Ha! I don't know when I work tomorrow yet. So I plan on living it up today. No boat, however. Just an old, soft couch and a shitty TV. So I need the beer. :)

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to be in Cleveland by 9 p.m. tonight. I'm guessing the locals will be all kinds of rowdy by then, which is good. Rowdy will work this weekend.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I was so pissed about the quality of the opening round games on Tuesday that I called Time Warner to complain yesterday. TruTV HD is on 884 for Time Warner customers by Friday.

And IJAG, you aren't drunk yet?

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Awesome start. 5 minutes into the pregame, Barkley to Greg Anthony: "First of all, you've already been wrong twice."

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We don't get it here. I don't have the most expensive Dish Network channel package, but the one I have is far from the cheapest.

TBS and TNT? Fine. More than fine. TruTV? Idiotic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And I'm sure plenty of people are calling/e-mailing Verizon and demanding it add TruTV, which I'm sure was what Turner wanted. TruTV has a temporary HD feed on DirecTV for anybody interested. It's on 246-1.

12. imjustagirl

Not drunk yet.

Working on it.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Blue Moon Spring Blonde Wheat Ale.

Draft saved Draft deleted