1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA to Tressel: YOU LIED TO US!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

Worth a second read if you have the time. Mo Clarett gave you all the answers seven years ago.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was going to say Maurice Clarett doesn't sound so crazy now.

Then I realized, Maurice Clarett is ALWAYS going to sound crazy, even when he's right.

3. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

There probably is some fear of Tressel. Fairly or unfairly, the guy has owned Michigan and won a lot of football games, which is all that a large chunk of the school's alumni care about. They don't want to risk alienating those alums and the money they supply to the school.

And I think deep down, they'll have to pay the NCAA piper. They're just hoping to milk the current good times as much as they can beforehand.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think it's the alums. I've got no "proof"....or scientific polling results...beyond knowing (and being related to) a bunch of them. I'm not feeling a lot of JT support. Just lots of anger & embarrassment.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A softball coach in this area played that sport at OSU. And she's of the belief that Tressel can do no wrong, how he's a wonderful man. By golly, he was at a wedding she stood up in years ago and he was as nice as he could be... No way he should go.
    That's not anger and embarrassment, it's denial.

6. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I also know a lot of OSU fans and every single one of them want him gone. They think it will go away if he is fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted