1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA to Tressel: YOU LIED TO US!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Kelly thought it was a beautiful day!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They lose, let's say five scholarships, bringing them down to 80. They're not going to be recruiting five less players if they think they can find someone better at No. 84. They'll just tell five others that they can either pay for themselves, or leave.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He'll be gone by July 1.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He'll coach this season then retire.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Call for Coach Tresel on line 2 from Bristol. It's about your W-2"

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Or Tressel do what Kelvin Sampson did and get an assistant's job in the pros. He'll make off well while whoever has to replace him has to deal with NCAA penalties.

If the NCAA hadn't dropped the hammer on Southern Cal like it did last year, I wouldn't believe the NCAA would have the cojones to hit a major TV ratings producer for its TV rightsholders major conference power like that.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jim Tressel is a lot of things but an NFL coach isn't one of them. He'd go into TV before he coached pro ball.

He's made enough money at this point he wouldn't need to coach again.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

So not only should those tatted players been suspended for the Sugar Bowl, Coach Vest should have watched the game from Columbus.

I hope they fire him. I don't know if they will. I think he lasts the season then "graciously exits" to "spend more time with his family."

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I would call Jim Tressel a snake-oil salesman, but then I'd have to go around the country apologizing to snake-oil salesmen.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am reading the comments on the Columbus Dispatch... wow.. Tressel's lost his own fanbase...not even close...

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Tanned, rested and ready:

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Too many teef for Columbus...

Draft saved Draft deleted