1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA to Tressel: YOU LIED TO US!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What happened at ND was a tragedy that could have been avoided. The AD, the Head Coach, and kid's supervisor all deserve a share of the blame.

But, to say they killed him is over the top hyperbole.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mike Leach to Ohio State

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That would be too good to be true

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Their negligence led directly to his death, so yeah...they killed him. They could have avoided any problems if they had simply used common fucking sense and said "Hey, it's windy today...get down from there."

You know...like Ohio State did.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm shocked Bruce Pearl hasn't been referenced here yet.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Woody Hayes was crooked as a bucket of snakes for decades and they never did anything until he committed assault and battery on national TV.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Or Earl Bruce.

8. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Pearl eventually came tumbling down, and so will the Sweatervest. I don't see how Ohio State can not do it. PR over all, even with a program that wins everything except bowl games vs. the SEC.

9. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Is that actually how it works? Wouldn't they just lose future scholarships, thereby making some kids who would have gone to Ohio State instead go to another school? Like Ohio University :)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

While they certainly were negligent and deserve more blame than seems to have stuck to them, particularly Kelly, I have to agree with YankeeFan. Saying they killed him is a bit much.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Before Decan went up, here's what he tweeted:

"Gusts of wind up to 60 mph. Well today will be fun at work. I guess I've lived long enough."

and I doubt Declan was a meteorologist. He knew what was going on, but followed orders from people who were supposed to know better.

Whoever is in charge of practice killed the young man. I am going to go out on a limb and say that is the head coach.

But that's okay, everything's been whitewashed, right down to giving officials edited film videos. Of course, Kelly told the investigators, "It was a beautiful day." A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

It was all just a freak accident. The HC didn't kill anyone.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Unless someone went up to Kelly and asked if they should send the videotapers up on the lift, I doubt if that was the kind of thing he was thinking about before/during a practice.

Draft saved Draft deleted