1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA to put limits on blogs from tournaments

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Wow. Nice.

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/press_room/media_kit/credentials/2008_blogging_policy.pdf

rb

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fuck the NCAA.

Limit of three per quarter? Make sure you do six.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I want to read the blog from the rifle championships...

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And exactly how do they propose to enforce this?

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Pity the poor son of a bitch who has to ride herd on the bloggers. Will there be a platoon of blog police on hand at the Superdome to make sure the assembled horde does not break the quarter quota?

6. Rockbottom

You have to register your blog to them, so I guess they will have some schlub in Indy monitoring them.

And I echo J_D!

rb

7. Rockbottom

The bowls aren't NCAA championship events. :)

rb

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Sorry for the back-to-back posts ... but is there going to be an office of NCAA Blog Compliance? God bless sprawling bureaucracy.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Ready ... aim ... fire.

(Rinse, repeat).

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That's what I was wondering. Are they going to look over your shoulder, or have people look at websites all day?!? Idiots.

And screw that putting a logo shit on your site. Pay me for the advertising bitch.

11. Rockbottom

Also in this, is the "so much stuff for 72 hours" clause akin to the NFL's policy. Lawyer up!

rb

12. housejd

housejd Member

This is ridiculous.

The way I see it, once something happens at an event, whether it be an NCAA tournament or whatever, it's news and can be reported. I say disregard the rule, blog as much as you want, let them kick you out or whatever. It's our job to report news, no matter how difficult the NCAA wants to make that job for us. I'd rather get kicked out knowing I did my job to the best of my ability than let an outside source dictate news.

This sorta stuff just makes me sick.

Draft saved Draft deleted