1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA title game headlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MileHigh, Apr 4, 2011.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

UConn wins UClunker

2. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

So maybe I missed it but the day before the game I ran a preview story and hadn't seen anyone reference that it was two dog mascots. So I went with "Dog fight for title"

Now I see everyone is using something similar. I was happy when I went with it but now I'm not. I had using headlines everyone else does.

As for today's story. There isn't one in our paper. They gave me all of half a page for sports and we had our junior college announce it picked up men's hockey.

3. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

You'll never get away from that, especially if it's a pun. Either get used to it or come up with something more original.

4. ECrawford

ECrawford Member

Louisville Courier-Journal: "Bricktory"

Link to image: http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ericcrawford/?p=2550

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They told me two years ago they were going to do that, but I didn't know if they'd go through with it. Can I have my job back? Double hockey for the win.

6. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, Lewis-ville. Good, but not great.

7. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

Doggone Ugly

But(ler) Ugly didn't make it

8. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

On the positive side, when UConn cut down the nets, they were in mint condition.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think they just took them down and returned them to Dick's Sporting Goods for a full refund

10. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Only the ninth junior college men's hockey team. They put the coaching ad up on the NCAA website on Friday and on Monday said they have had a ridiculous amount of calls and emails.

Anyways, I want to do a Clue headline now like, "Butler in Houston with a brick"

Draft saved Draft deleted