1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA men's volleyball championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, May 5, 2012.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Was watching the second game a minute ago, in between tracking Spurs/Utah, and the action was fierce. Irvine grabbed a 1-0 game lead and stormed back in second game to win that one, too.
    The second game was outstanding, going all the way to 34-32 or something close.
    USC's has this Ciarelli dude that has been slamming it.
    Lots of action in the stands, too.

EDIT: Fixed hed bust and guy's name is actually Ciarelli
  2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Irvine won the third game 26-24 to sweep 3-0 and win what they said, I think, was the program's third title in six seasons.
    USC was gunning for a first title in 22 seasons, but got denied.

Carry on.
  3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

UC Irvine's Carson Clark (No. 9), the left-handed opposite hitter, was hitting bombs the whole night. He was unstoppable. USC couldn't even get a block up some of the time.
    FYI -- USC was No. 1 most of the season. UCI beat the Trojans in the conference tournament semifinals last week and won the tournament. USC was selected as the at-large team for the final four, and was the No. 1 seed.
    Congrats to the Anteaters.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The most amazing thing about this thread is that someone cared enough to start it.
  5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

What pissed me off is that people at work were dissing the fact that I wanted to run a brief on the FA Cup and the US's win over Canada in the hockey Worlds and they watched baseball for a team they doesn't care about instead of the UFC on Fox...and then they flipped this on TV and forced me to watch it. *smh*
Draft saved Draft deleted