1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Men's Division I Basketball TV Schedule

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Jan 18, 2008.

1. I have been leery to post this link here because I did not want to get beat up for "trying to drive traffic" to my site, or whatever other barbs might be thrown my way. But frankly, you are not the intended audience for the site (though I do know that some of you do visit it from my log files).

But given the response I have been getting from a number of people about this tool, I thought this might be a tool you find useful. Here is a link to the complete (based on NCAA published data) television schedule for NCAA Men's D-I College basketball. Unlike the horrible version published by the NCAA, you can extract the schedule for an individual team or conference. It is Phase I, so I will be making changes and adding features as I go along:

http://sportsontheair.blogspot.com/2007/12/2007-2006-ncaa-division-i-mens.html

also, here is a link if you only want the games for the current day.

http://sportsontheair.blogspot.com/2008/01/todays-ncaa-division-i-mens-basketball.html

The changes that are coming include extracting game info for specific dates or date ranges, enabling an agent to automatically remove past entries, and the ability to extract information for specific networks/regional networks, and local stations. This latter is a pain in a rear right now because of the inconsistently the NCAA provided the data. Also note that games marked as CSTV are the games they hold syndication rights to, and the games will actually be broadcast by whoever buys into their package (mainly A-10 games). I am also working on cleaning up the imported data for the women's games as well.

There are also a couple of display rendering issues on the Mac that we are trying to figure out.

If any of you have a passing interest as to why I did the schedule this way, it is because the version published by the NCAA is not worth the page it is displayed on, and I wrote this up for my colleagues in the tech world.

I hope this might be a useful tool for you, and if not that is fine.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have an onscreen menu through my digital cable that allows me to look up all of this.

3. Which is great if you have it. Feedback I have gotten from people is that they prefer this to that method. There are many different ways to skin a cat, no one way better than the other.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So now your blog is promoting animal cruelty?

Jeez. A man can't turn anywhere on the Internet anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted