1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA investigating Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 4, 2010.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Shug Jordan and Bear Bryant had a gentlemen's agreement that "what happens in Alabama stays in Alabama ..."

2. times38

times38 Member

Auburn tattled on what became one part (Gene Jelks) of Alabama's first probation in the 90s. Bama used to pretty routinely turn in Auburn up through the last time Auburn wound up on probation.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thank you. Those who think otherwise are very naive.

4. times38

times38 Member

it's one of the many reasons Auburn fans hate Alabama so pathologically.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That and their inferiority complex. ;D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would guess that 99 percent of college beat writers don't have the proper resources or the support of their papers to do the kind of investigative work that it would take to figure out the cheating that is really going on.

In would guess that 80 percent have no real desire to do the work it would take to uncover something, whether it's homerism, laziness or whatever.

Most of the big scandal stories that break, fall into the laps of the people who break them, whether it's SI, ESPN or the actual beat writers.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the hate goes both ways. And when Auburn whacks them in three weeks, they'll hate them more.

8. times38

times38 Member

Auburn is on the radar of Bama fans more than it ever has been, but I'm not sure there's another fanbase that hates its rival as much as Auburn's does.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there are a lot of college beat writers on here.

We all have a general idea of what kind of backgrounds certain players come from, so if you see a kid who you know comes from the sticks and he's driving an Escalade, do you ask him about it?

Do you run the plates to see whose name is on the title?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Umm, I'll raise you a Rock Chalk Chicken Hawk, Fuck You K - U.

11. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Raise all you want, but you're not beating the hand of AU/UA ... UNLESS you're talking UA/UT (And you know how that one goes)

12. times38

times38 Member

well Newton drives around a shitty scooter so it doesn't exactly apply there.

Draft saved Draft deleted